Francesco Guidieri, Lorenzo Murrocu (RCP Vision)
As a company, we’ve been working on Eclipse Technologies for the past 10 years and we have built a lot of application on top of them.
In this talk we’ll present our favorite technological stack (with some samples), gained after several years of experience (and errors) developing UI using Eclipse and Modeling technologies.
We will talk about our architectural choices, with pros and cons and we will present (also with code samples) how you have taken advantages from:
– Model centric approach, using databinding to delegate all UI interactions to the model
– EMF Resource APIs, using all EMF Edit and runtime capabilities
– Dependency Injection, to manage at runtime your dependencies (and do more elaborated stuff with bytecode manipulation)
– MVP Pattern, by separating the model, the View and the Presentation layer to achieve the best code readability
– UI Model and services layer interaction using the repository pattern
Last but not least we will show how every single part of such an architecture can be tested and how all parts of the application can be covered with some useful testing frameworks.